EP70: Do We Need to Address Current Events? – The Staff Room with Chey & Pav
In Episode 70 of The Staffroom Podcast, Chey and Pav talk about whether or not it's important to bring current events into their classrooms, and if so, how they are enabling that conversation within their spaces. They discuss the many reasons they feel it's important to bring events into the classroom, whether positive or negative, and discuss some of the fears that teachers may have in doing so, as well as some strategies to combat those fears. They discuss the importance of civic engagement within the classroom space, and the idea it is indeed possible for rich learning to come out of the conversations that happen with regards to these world events. The conversation is rich! Join us, in The Staffroom. ———————————————————– The Drive with Chey & Pav on Voice Ed Radio: https://voiced.ca/project/the-drive-with-chey-and-pav/ Chey and Pav are a part of the School Rubric team: https://schoolrubric.com/publications/articles/perspectives/item/105-the-staffroom-podcast-with-chey-and-pav-an-origin-story https://schoolrubric.com/publications/articles/itemlist/user/318-thestaffroompodcast ———————————————————– Stay in touch with Chey and Pav Through Email and Social Media Email: email@example.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/staffroompodcast/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_staff_room_podcast/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/StaffPodcast https://twitter.com/TheDriveVoicEd https://twitter.com/EduNeverDies Pav Twitter: @PavWander Chey Twitter: @Mrccheney
- EP70: Do We Need to Address Current Events?
- EP69: Screens On or Screens off?
- EP68: The New Virtual
- EP67: #OneWord2021: AMPLIFY!
- BONUS EPISODE #9: Author Talks with Dr. Brad Johnson
- EP66: Why is it Important to De-center Christmas in our Classrooms?
- EP65: Using the Curriculum Document as a Tool for Inquiry and Agency
- BONUS EPISODE #8: Author Talks with Thomas C. Murray
- EP64: How to Get Creative in Your Learning Space Set Up
- BONUS EPISODE #7: Author Talks with Matt Rhoads
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.Marie Curie