The Summer Series with Jason To – The Staffroom Podcast with Chey & Pav
In the first episode of The Staffroom Podcast Summer Series, Chey and Pav talk to Jason To, a Secondary Math & Academic Pathways Coordinator for the Toronto District School Board in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Dynamic Duo talks to Jason about Destreaming, or De-tracking, in High School, and the relationships between streaming and anti-racist education, particularly towards Black and Indigenous students of colour. A phenomenal conversation to get us thinking further about the impacts of streaming on the education system as it exists today, and what we need to do as educators to dismantle the expectations to create new norms for the students that we teach. Here's how you can get in touch with Jason: Twitter: @Jason_To Blog: https://mrjasonto.wordpress.com/ Stay connected with Chey and Pav! Tell us about your reflections from this episode – reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @StaffPodcast! We'd love to hear from you.
- The Summer Series with Jason To
- EP91: How Are We using Spreadsheets in the Classroom?
- EP90: How Do We Talk About Racism and Oppression with Students?
- EP89: How are YOU Using Scavenger Hunts?
- EP88: Is Learning Loss Something We Need To Worry About?
- BONUS: Amplify & Inspire with Brian Romero Smith
- EP87: Google Drawings and Mosaic Portraits
- EP86: Are They MY Students?
- EP85: Is There Value of Having Music in the Classroom?
- EP84: Vision and Mission The Student Connection
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.Marie Curie